Dunboy Castle Restoration
Dunboy Castle and Cap Partners Ltd proposed a major conservation and reconstruction that sought to re-imagine the Puxley Manor as a luxury hotel for all.
Farmleigh House, Conservation
Farmleigh House, situated in Dublin is a historic guest house that was formerly the residence of the Guinness family. Consurv were employed to carry out a series of surveys and analysis both pre contract and during contract, to investigate the extent of the damage to the building as part of restoring this beautiful house. He was also overseeing the conservation works during this project.
Old County Hospital, Laois
Consurv Ltd managed the Conservation Works for the duration of the contract and restored this fine building now used as offices at huge cost-saving to the Client.
This building which narrowly survived demolition was recommended and short-listed for an RIAI Conservation Award. Consurv were employed to carry out a detailed survey of this architecturally and historically significant building of random limestone and lime mortar finish. Gutters, roof, windows, chimneys and the interior were all surveyed using non-destructive techniques.
Consurv Ltd oversaw all of the works, ensuring that they were carried out in accordance with Best Conservation Practices and strictly in accordance with the Charter of Venice. While Farnham Castle, situated on the Estate, was constructed before 1620 it is believed that the house in its present form was constructed by the 1st Baron Farnham around 1713. It has undergone several architectural changes over the years including the complete demolition of the entire 1780’s wing due to dilapidation and the alleged presence of extensive dry rot.
Old Mill Castle Bellingham
Consurv Ltd and Dr. Thomas Brennan were employed to carry out a detailed survey of the envelope of this building which incorporated the refurbishment of the old mill and the new build. Many features of the mill were retained and there are now new apartments and houses on this site. Dr. Thomas Brennan project managed the conservation works during the contract at a massive cost-saving to the Client.
The front elevation of the building is constructed with brick which had to be re-pointed.
Aldborough House renovation
Consurv Ltd were employed to assist with the conversion of use to a private medical clinic. Dr. Thomas Brennan produced Method Statements together with Conservation Reports to enable the works to be carried out to a high standard and to ensure that nothing was taken away from the buildings historic character. Aldborough House Portland Row, Dublin is a Protected Structure, which was designated on 29th November 1971. Situated in Dublin, it was originally constructed for Edward Augustus, 2nd Earl of Aldborough, in 1798. Since then, it has accommodated various uses ranging from a school, barracks, and a post office depot. Its grounds were appropriated in the 1940’s for public housing.