The building has been developed into the Radisson Blu Farnham Hotel, Conference Centre and Spa. We were commissioned to complete a comprehensive survey of the building to facilitate planning a way forward, taking into account the requirements for the modern use of the property including Heath, Safety and Fire regulations, while at the same time paying particular attention to the conservation of the building.
In this large scale renovation and re-fit we reported with:
- Valued Engineering Projection
- A floor survey to ensure health and safety
- Defect Analysis
- We advised on remedial works
- Inspected the Roof coverings
- Carried out a window survey and recommended a replace and repair schedule
Dr. Thomas Brennan oversaw all of the works, ensuring that were carried out in accordance with Best Conservation Practices and strictly in accordance with the Charter of Venice. We always work with a view to minimal destructive practice with a goal of preserving all historical features and as many original details as possible.