Concern about indoor exposure to mould, dry rot and fungus have been increasing as the public becomes aware that exposure to mould, dry rot and fungus can cause a variety of health effects and symptoms, including allergic reactions. This section of our website presents guidelines for the remediation/cleanup of mould dry rot and fungus including moisture problems in commercial, public and educational buildings. These guidelines include measures designed to protect the health of building occupants. It has been designed primarily for:
- Building managers
- Others who are responsible for commercial/educational building maintenance
It should serve as a reference for potential mould, dry rot, fungus and moisture remediators. Using this information, individuals with little or no experience with mould, dry rot and fungus remediation should be able to make a reasonable judgement as to whether the situation can be handled in-house or whether professionals need to take an active role. We an Conserve (Building Pathology) offer to evaluate an in-house remediation plan or a remediation plan submitted by an outside contractor to efficiently control your mould dry rot and fungus problem. Contractors and other professionals who respond to mould, dry rot, moisture and fungus situations in commercial buildings and schools may also want to refer to this information.